Sponsors and Partners
MEDIN is funded and governed by a consortium of Sponsors. These Sponsors include a range of UK marine organisations who support MEDIN’s principles and lead the UK in marine data management.
MEDIN Sponsors steer MEDIN’s direction and contribute their expertise during the creation of the MEDIN business plan. Becoming a MEDIN Sponsor will give you:
- Leverage in a ~£0.5 million/year project with only a relatively small outlay per Sponsor. Benefit from pooled resources achieving more than you could individually.
- Direct involvement in a project that benefits the entire marine community.
- A say on the strategic direction of management of UK marine data.
- A place on the MEDIN Sponsors’ Board, the ultimate decision-making body for MEDIN.
- Promotion at all MEDIN events with your organisation logo displayed clearly.
- Use of the ‘MEDIN Sponsor’ logo and MEDIN promotional materials.
To officially join the network and become a MEDIN Sponsor, please email MEDIN stating your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following 15 organisations currently sponsor MEDIN:
A MEDIN partner is an organisation that demonstrates commitment to best practice marine data management, as described in our partnership agreement.
Becoming a MEDIN partner will give you:
• Membership of MEDIN working groups in order to steer and influence our direction.
• Priority access to bespoke data management training workshops.
• Increased exposure of your work, as we prioritise partner activity in promotional materials and in our online newsletter, Marine Data News.
• Priority access to our free networking events.
• Collaboration opportunities with the marine data community.
• An independent platform for knowledge exchange.
• Opportunities for data management project funding.
• Access to data management expertise across MEDIN.
• Use of the ‘MEDIN Partner’ logo.