EMODnet Open Sea Lab Hackathon II
Are you a Developer? Communicator? Designer? Scientist?
Join us and develop innovative solutions with marine open data to address blue society challenges!
After the success of the first EMODnet Open Sea Lab hackathon in November 2017 in Antwerp (Belgium)
which gathered about 50 participants from fifteen countries, the European Commission DG MARE has
decided to reiterate the experience in organising a second edition of this open data competition.
During three days, teams will compete and bring their expertise to develop innovative solutions and
applications to address blue society challenges using EMODnet, ICES and Copernicus Marine resources.
The 2019 edition in a nutshell;
- Between 50 and 100 participants.
- Challenges to address in 3 main themes: Blue Growth, Ocean literacy & education and Marine environment protection & management (including climate change).
- Around 50 coaches & experts from EMODnet, VLIZ, ICES, imec & Copernicus Marine.
- Many workshops (Co-creation, Business modelling, UX (Usability), Machine learning, Data visualization, Story mapping, Pitching,...).
- Inspirational speakers.
- Tools for participants, prizes, side events and networking opportunities.
Kick-off event on 24 May 2019 in Brussels
A 3-day hackathon in 7 minutes! Watch the video of the 2017 edition