Enhancing the national framework for sharing UK marine data
This event is open to all and will be hybrid taking place at the National Oceanography Centre, Southampton and online using Zoom.
The aims of the meeting are to:
- 1. share marine data successes and
- 2. discuss priorities for enhancing the national framework for sharing UK marine data.
Throughout the day there will be marine data focussed presentations from the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), the UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO), the Met Office, Natural Resources Wales, the National Oceanography Centre (NOC) and the Marine Environmental Data and Information Network (MEDIN). There will also be a poster session and plenty of networking opportunities.
Meeting key documents
MEDIN Open Meeting DAC posters
- Cefas overview 2023 (1)
- Cefas Data Centre 2023 (2)
- Cefas - MEDIN Q-FAIR 2023 (3)
- United Kingdom Hydrographic Office
MEDIN Open Meeting Presentations
- Introduction to the Marine Environmental Data and Information Network - MEDIN, Dr Clare Postlethwaite
- Leveraging the marine data landscape for Natural Capital - Defra, Rob Yarlett
- An overview of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Application Programming Interface (API) - Environmental Data Retrieval - Met Office, Mark Burgoyne
- Keynote: The value of marine data for the economy: some lessons learned so far... - OECD, Claire Jolly
- Industry Data and MEDIN: 10 years of the Marine Data Exchange - The Crown Estate, John Mitchell